Fequently Asked Tattoo Health, Safety, & Pricing Questions
Do you have questions for Electric Underground Tattoo of North Saskatoon? Are you looking for tattoo pricing details, artist questions, or have general tattoo curiosities? Check out our FAQ first. Our shop has received a lot of tattoo questions since we first opened our doors, and while we love to talk about all things ink, we thought a FAQ might be helpful for our newcomers. Give us a call if you don’t see what you’re looking for!
- Non-refundable deposits required upon booking
- Waivers are to be completed upon appointment
- Please bring your ID
- Remove bandage after 3 hours (minimum) unless otherwise instructed by your tattoo artist.
- Remember to wash your hands prior to removing your bandage.
- Grab a few sheets of paper towel (NOT A CLOTH TOWEL), dampen the paper towel with warm water and wipe your tattoo. Continue this movement until the paper towel is clean and there is no longer any residue (lymph) on your tattoo.
- Allow tattoo to air dry overnight and following day, without applying the Webber Vitamin E Ointment or H2Ocean.
- Purchase Bactine, use before applying ointment.
- Purchase H2Ocean Ointment at our shop or Webber Vitamin E Ointment in the First Aid aisle of Shoppers Drug Mart. Begin applying this ointment with CLEAN HANDS on your tattoo twice daily after washing or when your tattoo feels dry (for at least 7 days). By the end of these 7 days, your tattoo should be healed and peeling like a sunburn.
- Always wash your hands with antibacterial liquid hand soap prior to touching your fresh tattoo.
- DO NOT expose your tattoo to direct sunlight for at least 2 weeks.
- ABSOLUTELY NO TANNING BED FOR 2 WEEKS! Or Until Tattoo is fully healed.
- Always apply suntan lotion to fully healed tattoos.
- DO NOT allow shampoo, conditioner or body washes to come in contact with your new (healing) tattoo.
- Once it is fully healed resume to daily use of body wash, etc…
- DO NOT soak your freshly tattooed tattoo in water for long periods of time; BATHS, POOLS OR HOT TUBS not recommend wait at least 2 week or until tattoo is fully healed before swimming. (NO CHLORINE). Yes you can shower.
- Profuse sweating has the same effect on new tattoos as soaking in water. If you work out, especially cardiovascular or aerobics, take some time off (3-5 days).
- Wear loose clothing that will allow your tattoo to breathe.
- DO NOT pick or scratch at new tattoos.
- After 4 weeks, apply sun block to your fully healed tattoo if exposed to the sun.